Friday, February 18, 2011

Mini Meatloaf

Meatloaf is my favorite dinner and I've been wanting to see if this would work for a while. I've used my mini muffin pan for the longest time for making mini Meatloafs. It cuts the cooking time down and the percent of crispy "edges" is greater - and it's all about "edges" - at least it is for me.

This meatloaf recipe was my mom's. It just reminds me of when I was kid. Very homey (is that a word?) A great comfort food. And yes you can make them in your Babycakes cupcake maker!!!

Makes 12 mini meatloafs
What you need:

3/4 - 1lb ground beef
1 egg
2 slices bread - mom used white; I used whole wheat- both work great!
1/3 cup ketchup plus some for meatloaf "tops"
1/4 cup chopped onion
Salt
Pepper
1 teas. garlic
1 teas. cumin

What you do:

Mix beef and egg together. Add ketchup, onion, salt, pepper, garlic and cumin. Mix again. Moisten both slices of bread with water and squeeze out the excess water before you add the slices to the ground beef mixture. Mix throughly. Fill each cupcake well to the top.


Cook 13-16 minutes.
After the 1st batch is done keep them warm in the oven while your next batch cook. But before you put these in the oven spread a little more ketchup on each meatloaf. This will give the tops a nice almost glaze like coating on their tops.

Add some mashed potatoes and peas and you are all set for dinner. Enjoy!!


As you can see I haven't started using my brand new red Babycakes Cupcake Maker. I guess I just love how clean it is. Maybe over the weekend. I have a great new cupcake recipe to share.

Happy snacking!!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I made some of these (and added zuchini yummy) It was the initial recipe I made in my maker. Do you have any tips on cleaning? I got it looking great, but I smells like my cupcakes will taste like meatloaf for a while. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that sounds great!!
    I know the cleaning is hard with this one!!!
    I did use green cleaning pad and it didn't hurt the finish but it took a while to clean it up.
    Now that I have two machines I will make these in my red cupcake maker. It doesn't have the pie crust grooves like the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this this weekend and I loved them!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete