Monday, February 14, 2011

HaPpY VaLeNtInE's DaY!!

I love Valentine's day!!!

I wanted to make something special and different for today. I don't usually use the little cook booklet that comes with the Babycakes Cupcake maker but I remembered there was a Red Velvet recipe in it. How perfect!!!

They came out great!!!
I wish you could see how beautiful the red color is. It just doesn't show up on my camera phone. :(











I frosted them with a cream cheese frosting - not the one in the booklet - but one I always use.
I feel most frostings are way to sweet. I like to taste the cream cheese in the cream cheese frosting.
Them I topped them with a little chocolate heart or "xo". Just melt some chocolate wafers and scoop into a plastic bag. At one of the bottom edges cut an opening do you can "draw" little hearts or anything you want. Make sure to paint them on to wax paper and to let them dry in the freezer. This makes the chocolate pieces easy to remove and place them where you need them.

Well I have to go. Today is one of my babies - Spike- 11th birthday and I'm making banana "pup"cakes!!











Hopefully they come out good so I can post the recipe later this week.

Cream cheese frosting

1 - 8 oz cream cheese - softened
1/4 cup unsalted butter - softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Blend cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add vanilla. Add sugar slowly until fully blended. Try not to eat all the frosting before you frost the cupcakes :)

Happy Snacking!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



No comments:

Post a Comment