Friday, January 14, 2011

"Spud" pies

I got the inspiration for these from a fav restaurant of mine and my husbands- UNOs!! There they are called Pizza Skins.
It's a pizza crust filled with mashed potatoes topped with cheese, bacon and I believe scallions topped with sour cream. Here's how you make mine.

What you need:
Pre made pie crust
One box will make about 16-18 crusts
1 1/2 cup Mashed potatoes
I buy pre made ones if I want to make these quick.
2/3 cup Cheddar cheese or a mixed blend of cheeses.
3 slices of Cooked bacon
1/4 cup Scallions
Sour cream on the side


Make mini pie crusts with large pie crust tool. Place in your Babycakes.






Mix potatoes, 1/2 of the cheese, bacon, and scallions together. The other 1/2 of the cheese will be for the tops if the pies when you bake them.
Add potato mixture in each uncooked pie crust.






Add a bit more cheese ( I like cheese!!!) on top.
Cook for about 10-12 minutes.
Remove and enjoy!!






Happy snacking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment