Sunday, October 9, 2011

Test Kitchen: Whoopie pie maker

Happy Sunday everyone!

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. As you all know I love get "double duty" out of my Babycake treat makers. Nothing upsets me more when people say "it's just a cupcake maker". Ugh!! No no no!! These treat makers are SO much more than that.
So this morning while lying in bed instead of sleeping I was thinking - yes about my apple pie cookies. But also what else could I make in my Whoopie pie maker.
Of course!!
Quesadillas!!! Oh my!!!
So needless to say I was up at 8 am making quesadillas.
Again super easy - love!!
And very yummy!! Also love!!

What you need:

4 Flour tortilla shells
1 10 inch shell will yield 6 to 7
circles.
Olive oil
Fixins':
Cheese, chicken, green onions, olives, diced tomatoes, anything you like
Round cookie cutter the size of the Whoopie pie maker well
Sour cream
Salsa

What you do:

Cut your tortilla shells with your cookie cutter. Brush with the olive oil. Place in your Whoopie pie maker.




Cook about 2 to 3 minutes and flip and cook for 1 more minute.
Add your cheese, chicken, etc...
Not too much (though if only doing cheese I would add more. I love melted cheese ;)
Continue to cook about 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.




Take out, add your sides, and begin munching!! (what was I thinking with only making 3????)

Happy snacking!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. It feels good to find such an interesting topic on the internet like this one nowadays. I was greatly interested with what you have shared and posted with us. Thanks for this anyway. lidocaine

    ReplyDelete